1. Go out and buy balloons. The long thin ones are the best.
2. Put on some fun music and stretch out the balloon.
3. Proceed to blow air into the balloon until it has a fair amount of air in it.
You should leave some balloon left at the end so you can twist the balloon easier.
4. Ask the kids what kind of balloon animal they want. Kid around with them a bit.
5. Announce what animal you are going to make and start a drum roll. (Have them join in.)
6. Make the balloon animal by bending and twisting it into shape.
7. Give the child the animal.