I got an e-mail forwarded to me yesterday. It was apparently some 'plan for peace' by Robin Williams.
Snopes already debunked this as just some rant by an elitist moron that was later attributed to Robin Williams. Probably in some sort of effort to give it some credibility, because as it stands, it's got nothing.
Here is the message (I've cleaned up the grammar and spelling mistakes to make it a little more readable):
Robin Williams, wearing a shirt that says "I love New York" in Arabic.
This part actually happened. Robin Williams did do a show wearing a shirt that says, "I love New York" in Arabic.
You've gotta love Robin Williams, even if he is nuts! Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan. What we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.
Yea, because the United States needs to be hated even more than it already is by the rest of the world, right.
Robin Williams's plan. Hard to argue with this logic!
I can and I will.
"I see a lot of people yelling for peace, but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan.
- "The US will apologize to the world for our 'interference' in their affairs, past & present. You know: Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those 'good ole boys' we will never 'interfere' again.
Ahh yes, I was hoping you'd bring up Hitler. You know, World War II? That war you blatantly ignored until Japan came along and started bombing you? Yea, and you made a real difference there. Thanks.
Stalin, Tojo, etc. Sure, you can have those, but I was unaware doing something in the past gave you a free pass to interfere however you want in the futre.
Does that mean I can go to a children's hospital and help some children for the next few months, and then have a free pass to rob some banks?
Right. Thought not.
- "We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea, the Middle East, and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.
Yea, the United States is making a world of difference in all of those places. As for stationing troops at your borders, I hate to break it to you, but it is already your border guards who're letting the people in through Canada and Mexico. If you want someone to blame for your shoddy border patrol, blame yourself, mmk?
- "All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days, the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are. They're illegal! France will welcome them.
So let me get this straight: if you're in your own country, and you don't want America's help, you're getting it anyway, but if you leave your country and try to get the United States' help, fuck you, get out? Little hypocritical, don't ya think?
- "All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.
They're all cab drivers and 7-11 cashiers because your country refuses to recognise their degrees and qualifications, allowing them to do what they spent half their lives in school to learn how to do.
I understand the inferiority complex involved in realising that there might be other countries in the world with better schools than yours.
- "No foreign 'students' over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a D, and it's back home, baby.
So being 22 and a foreign student in the United States makes you a bomber? Holy sweeping generalisation, Batman!
- "The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy-wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy, but will require temporary drilling for oil in the Alaska wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.
Becoming self-sufficient isn't a half-bad idea. Good job. Drilling for oil in Alaska? You just ruined your whole point. Getting more fossil fuel to pollute the Earth with? Great idea, numbskull.
- "Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil-producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)
Canada is a oil producing country. Quickly becoming one of the biggest in the world. You don't wanna pay market rate for the oil? Have fun walking to work, we got lots of other countries who'll happily take it off our hands for the right price. NEXT!
- "If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not 'interfere.' They can pray to Allah, or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement, or whatever they need. Besides, most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.
The US couldn't even help its own citizens in New Orleans properly, efficiently, or fairly. What the fuck do you think you can do for other countries?
- "Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island someplace. We don't need the spies and fair-weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.
We've got someone on the brink of dimentia here, folks. Use the UN headquarters building as a lockup for illegal aliens? I agree the UN headquarters should be moved out of NYC, and to a country that actually you know, agrees with the UN recommendations.
- "All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us 'Ugly Americans' any longer. The language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE."
I assume the 'ugly Americans' charm & beauty school was tongue-in-cheek, so I'll leave it alone.
As for speaking English, I sort of agree. If you choose to live in another country, you should at least make a conscious effort to learn its language.
"Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?"
"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying, 'Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat, and she's yelling, 'You want a piece of me?' "
If you agree with the above, forward it to friends...
If not, and I would be amazed, DELETE it!
No, as a matter of fact, it isn't a winner plan -- it's a stupid plan.
Good thing Robin Williams isn't actually that bigoted.